I can’t connect my hotspot to my Pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kobiv11

I don’t know how to connect my mobile hotspot to my pc. Any help?

TerryNet

Terry
I think it's really the other way around. You get the mobile hotspot working and it acts like a wireless access point. Then you connect a PC (or other device) to the hotspot the same as you would to any other wireless network.

Kobiv11

I think it's really the other way around. You get the mobile hotspot working and it acts like a wireless access point. Then you connect a PC (or other device) to the hotspot the same as you would to any other wireless network.
Well do you know how to connect it bc when I click the wifi button in the bottom left it says “change setting, metered connection”

Kobiv11

I mean bottom right sorry. The button were it shows all the networks available

TerryNet

Terry
So, apparently you are talking about the Network icon in the Notification Area of the Task Bar.

I'm guessing that you are using Windows 10. If so, maybe Metered connections in Windows 10 will help you.

I'm curious: are you forced to change that metered setting, or is the message just a suggestion?

I don’t know how to connect my mobile hotspot to my pc. Any help?
Are you using a phone for hotspot? What type of phone? If not what type of hotspot? Are you using Windows 10? Please provide the information so we can better assist you. There is different variable that can change the way you connect to a hotspot. The basics are the same make sure wifi hotspot is on -> click on the network or wifi button to bring up surrounding hotspot-> you should see your hotspot listed -> if not it is not turned on -> once you see it listed click on the name of your hotspot -> type the hotspot password then it should connect.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online