I can’t connect to wifi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bradreed26

My Acer TravelMate P255-M won’t connect to my home wifi. Can someone advise me how to fix this problem!

TerryNet

Terry
Can someone advise me how to fix this problem!
Was that supposed to be a question instead of an exclamation?

Based on the lack of information given about the network, error messages, attempts at persuading the old cheap laptop to connect, etc., my guess is that it is very unlikely that someone can advise you how to fix this problem.

plodr

Liz
You failed to mention what version of Windows you are running. Without knowing that, we can't point you to the correct drivers.

Bradreed26

Sorry about the lack of information. I’m really not sure what info you need or where I can find it as I really have no idea about laptops or computers. What do you need to know and where can I find it? I think I’m running windows 10.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Not a problem Bradreed26.

To confirm your Windows version, click on the start menu and in the search area type winver and press enter. A box will show up looking like this:

upload_2019-5-1_0-39-13.png

Let us know what version of Windows that you have. From what i can see about this particular model, you should have Windows 7, unless it was upgraded.

As to the problem itself, can you describe at what point that it doesn't connect? Like when you select your home wireless network, does it ask you for a password, or simply says 'cannot connect'?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online