1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can go online but it dies after a couple of hours?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hi!, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

Help!!! I can go online and open up a couple of windows.. but after a while some of my windows times out (not the main one I'm using though (page cannot be display) especially when I download something.. but after that file finish downloading that other window comes back up... But after a couple of hours surfing the net.. my internet connection just goes down????

I am using SBCGlobal DSL running on Windows XP.. and using Zone Alarm as my Protector firewall from Bad Guys and also have Spy Sweeper, spywareguard (and others) as active spyware protectors but I dont' think that's it... I check my Network Connections and I have a 1394 connection and next to it is My local Area Connection. I call my sbc tech person but they can't find anything wrong?

My modem internet light is on when it goes down? but when I turn off my moden and turn it on again then the internet light goes off??? If i restart my computer.. I can go online again... Oh and This don't happen often but Once I retarted the computer and I couldn't go online and I notice that my clock was reset back an hour??? I reset it back to normal.. restart computer and i can go online???? Help! Why can I do online and then it stops after a while? What Can i check or redo?? Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice