1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can no longer adjust my display resolution

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Aeron, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aeron

Aeron Thread Starter

I use Windows XP Professional and an Intel® 82810 graphics controller.The driver is current. After installing the XP Service pack, I can no longer adjust my display resolution. I'm stuck with 600x800. Yuck. I'm reluctant to roll back the driver -it may not be compatible with XP(?). I'm out of ideas and hoping for some wisdom.
    [​IMG]
    ...​

2. mimo2005

mimo2005

service pack 1 or 2 ? are you sure your machine is clean from any highjack (malicious scripts that change your settings) ???

USE adware SE , spybot , tds3 free version ,if you havent cleaned your machine yet .

3. Aeron

Aeron Thread Starter

sp2, and yeah, there is some adware here, i have posted a hjt log and am waiting for a reply. I have been a faithful user of both AdwareSE and Spybot.

4. southernlady

southernlady

5. Aeron

Aeron Thread Starter

Thanks, that's good, I had found that too :0) but I had XP for almost a year and all was well, it was after the Service Pack that my woes began...

6. southernlady

southernlady

Well, one thing you can do is uninstall SP2. Liz

7. bobol

bobol

see the sticky thread at the top of the forum by AcaCandy to glean more info, relating to southernlady's fix.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice