1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can no longer connect to gmail, facebook, or my bank account, but other sites work!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mlleperdue, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mlleperdue

mlleperdue Thread Starter

I have a MacBook running on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and for about a week, I have no longer been able to connect to my gmail account and other sites - pretty much any site that requires logging in.

These sites work on my PC, just not on my Mac.

I have tried restarting my computer, flushing DNS, emptying the cache, etc. I've cleaned out junk files, deleted cookies, run multiple virus scans. Nothing seems to be wrong with the computer, and the internet connection appears normal. It's extremely frustrating!! I feel like certain sites are being blocked from loading, but I haven't changed anything in my settings.

Please help!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Ensure you have the correct date and time on your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042911