1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can ping but can't browse on web browser.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dowensey, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dowensey

dowensey Thread Starter

Hi,

My current situation is the internet in the school I work in shuts off after school (4 pm) And sometimes I stay back late and need web access, however a proxy blocks out all web access except for ping. Ipv6 connectivity says no internet access, however, ipv4 connectivity says internet access and there is also no yellow warning over the internet logo.

What I have tried so far.....

Internet Settings - Lan Settings - Turn proxy off.
    Changing Computer Address in Advanced Settings.
    All web browsers - Proxy settings turned on and off.
    SOCKS V5 proxy (not sure if I used it correctly)

What happens before 4 pm is we get redirected to an address 192.168.1.254:8080 and we enter a password and we get web access however when I type in 192.168.1.254 I get an admin login after 4 pm and when I enter it wrong I get an Apache Error.

I am wondering is there any way to bypass the block and gain internet access I have tried to mention it to somebody but nothing is being done so far.

Any help will do,
    Thank you very much :D

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    We won't help you bypass restrictions. Thread closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice