1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cannot block a website

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cokezero, Jun 22, 2018.

1. cokezero

cokezero Thread Starter

Hi, I tried to block a website on Windows 7 acer computer but it still opens when i search for the website. But when i reload it, it says that the website refuses to connect. I am confused. I did the blocking by the notepad way but it does not work. I tried doing other websites and I blocked it. Only the website diep.io can still be accessed. Please help me.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You failed to mention what browser you are using.

You blocked a website then are concerned because it now doesn't connect. Wasn't that the point of blocking it?

Please explain "blocking by the notepad way" because I have no idea what you did.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    I'm guessing you added that website into the Hosts file, if so please paste the text of that file into your next reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice