1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cannot delete or remove programe, and dont know how to get norton to block it from

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by scottline, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scottline

scottline Thread Starter

Hi all,

I installed this software and it wont let me delete it. by an accident i let it access the internet when norton asked me if i wanted to allow this programe. when go to add or remove programes it only gives me the option to re direct to a web page. Does anyone know how i can stop the notification popups and stop this programe accessing the net by norton or anyother means??

Thank you for your time

Scottline

2. Shamou

Shamou

Try deleting it in safe mode...

3. scottline

scottline Thread Starter

how do I do that, sorry i am the best on the computer

4. Shamou

Shamou

Restart your computer, and start immediately tapping repeatedly the F8 key... and that will get you into safe mode... what you will see on the screen will be a bit strange... but that is normal...

5. scottline

scottline Thread Starter

thanks, i will try it

6. scottline

scottline Thread Starter

sorry, i am still having the same problems! it is saying the same thing when i try to delete it. the programe is called popcorn if that is any help

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice