1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cannot establish if I have an SCSI driver Windows 7 SP1 32 Bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Intergalactic, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intergalactic

Intergalactic Thread Starter

Having gone through all the setting up processes, my system will not produce Minidump Files, an SCSI miniport is mentioned as part of the production process, yet I have searched my system and cannot find one. Assistance would be most appreciated.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Some vendors suppy SCSI miniport drivers for support of SCSI devices (notably hard drives), in case they are needed. SCSI hard drives were common in server and workstation computers many years ago but not so much anymore; so chances are your computer doesn't have any SCSI hardware or you would know about it.

The computer doesn't produce Minidump files unless it crashes, usually accompanied by a blue screen of death. In System Properties, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery Settings, under System Failure there should be a check in the box next to Write an event to the system log, small memory dump should be selected, and the small dump directory should be %SystemRoot%\Minidump. Windows 7 is configured this way by default.

3. Intergalactic

Intergalactic Thread Starter

I have done exactly what you have described in your response and still no minidump files can be found on my system after error 0x0000009F (driver failure) which occurs upon closing or hibernation. In one of the other forums it mentioned an involvement of an SCSI driver as being part of the minidump production process.
    I am trying to produce reports using a forced BSOD via a programme called Whocrashed to no avail. Can you or anyone tell me what is happening ? A paging file of more than adequate memory has been put in place and everything appears to be in order apart from the elusive minidump files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice