I cannot figure out a way to wipe and reset my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nayacp

IMG_1697.JPG Hello I have a windows 10 computer with virtually no space on the disk. This is quite strange as there is literally nothing downloaded or available to remove from the PC. I have been trying for days to wipe or reset the PC, but it states everytime that "Additional disk space needed" to WIPE the disk; which makes no sense to me! I am beyond flustered someone please help, thank you !! I have ran disk cleanups and such and there is nothing for me to do to free up space. Help !!

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
For starters , are you sure you have the correct disk selected? That images shows a disk having only 27.4GB TOTAL space, which makes me think it's a 32GB stick drive you're pointed too.

TerryNet

Terry
What do you mean by "wipe or reset the PC"?

Do you have an SSD or a hard drive or both? Did Windows 10 come pre-installed on that computer?

A screen shot of the Disk Management window may also help us understand what you have.

Windows needs space to save itself from being wiped. I look at my small installation of Windows 10 Home and it uses 15Gigs. It only has a browser and some small security programs. No big software like Office. I would suggest going into Control Panel > Programs and Features and look at the size column. Then you can uninstall those taking up the most room. Of course you should also transfer that big program's setup program to a USB thumb drive.

nayacp

image.jpg
What do you mean by "wipe or reset the PC"?

Do you have an SSD or a hard drive or both? Did Windows 10 come pre-installed on that computer?

A screen shot of the Disk Management window may also help us understand what you have.
Windows 10 came pre-installed I believe, and it is a hard drive.

nayacp

image.jpg
For starters , are you sure you have the correct disk selected? That images shows a disk having only 27.4GB TOTAL space, which makes me think it's a 32GB stick drive you're pointed too.
I believe this is the correct disk.

nayacp

image.jpg
Windows needs space to save itself from being wiped. I look at my small installation of Windows 10 Home and it uses 15Gigs. It only has a browser and some small security programs. No big software like Office. I would suggest going into Control Panel > Programs and Features and look at the size column. Then you can uninstall those taking up the most room. Of course you should also transfer that big program's setup program to a USB thumb drive.

TerryNet

Terry
Windows 10 came pre-installed I believe, and it is a hard drive.
You should return it and get your money back. Windows 10 is to be pre-installed on a GPT disk and should have Secure Boot (Microsoft policy).

Your Disk Management window reminds me of my little 10" Acer PC/Tablet that came with Windows 7 pre-installed on a 32 GB SSD. Before installing Windows 7 fresh and selling it I squeezed an early copy of Windows 10 onto it, but it just barely fit.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That appears to be a HP brand laptop.
What is its model name and complete model number?
What is the exact serial number and product number on it?

Once it's correctly identified, we can address your issue better.

--------------------------------------------------------------

nayacp

That appears to be a HP brand laptop.
What is its model name and complete model number?
What is the exact serial number and product number on it?

Once it's correctly identified, we can address your issue better.

It is an "HP Stream" Model 14-ax020wm ProdID: X7S47UA#ABA Serial Number: 5CD63557Q3

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
"HP Stream" Model 14-ax020wm
ProdID: X7S47UA#ABA
Serial Number: 5CD63557Q3
You have a HP Stream 14-ax020wm Notebook PC
It was purchased on December 25, 2016 and is under warranty under December 24, 2017.
It came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit and has a 32 GB eMMC hard drive.
It does not have a separate SATA hard drive.

HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10)

HP Support - Order software and driver media

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online