I cannot print any document other than notepad, IE or XPS Viewer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kj2222

At first I thought it was only my printer......uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled.......etc. Then I tried to print as an XPS document and I get the same error messages. Example error message from Excel is "Your file could not be printed due to an error on Microsoft XPS Document writer". If I try the printer I get the exact same message. From Firefox I get "An unknown error occurred while printing." I have searched everywhere for a solution, I even restored as far back as I could but that was only a month ago. I can print from Notepad and Internet Exporer, both on the printer and XPS Document writer, I can also print a test page and an alignment page. Any ideas?

Solutions tried so far......

Malware scan, troubleshooter, reinstall of MS Office 2010, printer port checks, uninstall and reinstall of USB printer.

kj2222

I just tried an Office printing troubleshooter page, it had me install a generic printer and try to print.....would not "print" or save the file in either Excel or Word

kj2222

It seems that nobody else can solve this riddle either. I will leave this thread open and check in tomorrow. Hopefully somebody out there knows what the issue is. Thanks again!

download and install "open office " and try the printing jobs. again.if successful then its a software fault in office2010

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts