1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cannot sign on to msn or hotmail

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by twilightdiamond, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twilightdiamond

twilightdiamond Thread Starter

Hey. I actually have two problems but Ill get on with the most important one first.

Problem 1
    I have broadband. I cannot sign into msn messenger, check my hotmail email account, or sign into guildwars (an online RPG game). I can get into each of them from my sisters' computers. All my other internet works. Its just these three things that I'm having problems with. I've checked my firewall settings. What could it be? The thing is that sometimes each of them will work, othertimes they wont. MSN messenger gives me the error code 80048820, hotmail gives me 'This page cannot be displayed', and guildwars just sits there saying its trying to long on but never gets there.:confused:

Problem 2 (not as important as the first)
    I recently got a new graphics card (Nvidia geforce 7500), its great with all my high-graphic computer games, but I cannot see DVD menu's, I get the rest of the DVD perfectly, its just the menu that wont work. I suppose it could be the software that I use (InterVideo home theater), but it never happened until I got my new graphics card.:(

Please help

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

3. twilightdiamond

Thanx blackmirror, I had tried looking up the code on the msn site, and it hadn't helped but when changed my internet options it either it worked, or this is one of those times when it decides its going to work. Thankyou. :)

Now can anyone help me with my graphics problem?

4. twilightdiamond

I think I might post this in a different section.:rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice