I cannot uninstall Internet Explorer!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

warrant

I have gone to another Explorer, FireFox, and want to get rid of the IE files.
As I delete them, they reappear, or the EXE file will not be deleted. Am I barking up a tree to high for my knowledge level? I am getting rid of IE as it got jammed with the {About:Blank} thing. I have tried everything to get rid of it. GW shredder, Registrar Lite, Hijack This, Ad-Aware 6.0, BHO DEmon 2.0, NoAdware. All failed so I just want IE off my computer.

Warrant -

Triple6

Rob
I strongly suggest you do not try to delete IE. You may still need IE for Windows Updates and certain sites that do not work with Firefox or other browsers.

As for getting rid of About:blank - its possible and there are several threads here on how to do it. Try the Security Forum or watch the other threads such as this one: http://forums.techguy.org/t270609.html

Bryan

Bryan
Yep, uninstalling Internet Explorer isn't a good thing to do. If you try to do it, you'll most likely end up with a blank desktop and need to reinstall Windows. IE is integrated into the operating system and is used behind the scenes for more than just browsing the net.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online