1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't acces my HOTMAIL account- Hotmail Tech Support?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SBurrage, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBurrage

SBurrage Thread Starter

I can’t access my HOTMAIL accounts- HOTMAIL support?

I learned about Microsoft’s new policy of not allowing you to send email from Hotmail using it’s own products Outlook and Outlook Express unless you are paying an additional fee, when I replied to a (Hotmail) email while using OE. After sending my reply I received an error message that OE could not access the account. It then proceeded to DELETE all my previous email message in outlook express for this account.

A web search then led me discover that this account was one of those now requiring payment of a fee to send mail using Outlook or OE instead of logging on to the website. (They are doing this in stages so some HOTMAIL accounts still allow the free use and access with Outlook/OE.)

I then tried to sign on to my account using another Microsoft product Internet Explorer- initially everything looked unchanged,

1. however after typing in my name and password instead of opening my account

2. I got a new screen of “scrambled letters” designed to prove that a person and not a machine is accessing my account.

3. I type in these scrambled letters and one of two things happens:

a. (Usually) I receive yet another screen of scrambled letters to input

b. (Occasionally) I receive the “sign in screen” again EITHER WAY

4. Whichever screen I receive- whether I input scrambled letters yet again or insert my name and password the process repeats itself and one of two things happens:

b. (Occasionally) I receive the “sign in screen” again

5. It does not seem to matter how many times I repeat these steps I’m stuck in a loop with these same two screens.

6. HOTMAIL seems to think I am signed in but I can’t access my account.

7. If I leave hotmail and come back and try to sign in on my OLDER HOTMAIL account which is not yet affected- I am informed that I am already signed in as another user (the NEWER Account that I’m trying to access).but they still won’t let me access that account.

I could not find any support area for Hotmail – and while I did send an email about my problem to the report SPAM address that I could find- Hotmail has not replied or responded for over 2 weeks.

Incidentally Hotmail has just sent out a mass mailing email which states in part:

Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express.
    We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.

Great so they’ve changed their policy for OLD accounts – and my older account is more than 5 years old so it’s certainly grandfathered in – HOWEVER the NEWER account I still can’t access through OE is more than a year old and certainly should be exempt for this restriction as well.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. How can I access my Hotmail account?

2. Is there any way to access my old emails that had been displayed via Outlook Express?

3. Does HOTMAIL have any Tech Support? Where? How do you contact them?

4. At this point I’d be happy to close the account if I could have access to all my old emails and contacts so that I notify people of my new address.

I can’t access my HOTMAIL accounts- HOTMAIL support?

I learned about Microsoft’s new policy of not allowing you to send email from Hotmail using it’s own products Outlook and Outlook Express unless you are paying an additional fee, when I replied to a (Hotmail) email while using OE. After sending my reply I received an error message that OE could not access the account. It then proceeded to DELETE all my previous email message in outlook express for this account.

A web search then led me discover that this account was one of those now requiring payment of a fee to send mail using Outlook or OE instead of logging on to the website. (They are doing this in stages so some HOTMAIL accounts still allow the free use and access with Outlook/OE.)

I then tried to sign on to my account using another Microsoft product Internet Explorer- initially everything looked unchanged,

1. however after typing in my name and password instead of opening my account

2. I got a new screen of “scrambled letters” designed to prove that a person and not a machine is accessing my account.

3. I type in these scrambled letters and one of two things happens:

b. (Occasionally) I receive the “sign in screen” again EITHER WAY

4. Whichever screen I receive- whether I input scrambled letters yet again or insert my name and password the process repeats itself and one of two things happens:

b. (Occasionally) I receive the “sign in screen” again

5. It does not seem to matter how many times I repeat these steps I’m stuck in a loop with these same two screens.

6. HOTMAIL seems to think I am signed in but I can’t access my account.

7. If I leave hotmail and come back and try to sign in on my OLDER HOTMAIL account which is not yet affected- I am informed that I am already signed in as another user (the NEWER Account that I’m trying to access).but they still won’t let me access that account.

I could not find any support area for Hotmail – and while I did send an email about my problem to the report SPAM address that I could find- Hotmail has not replied or responded for over 2 weeks.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. How can I access my Hotmail account?

2. Is there any way to access my old emails that had been displayed via Outlook Express?

3. Does HOTMAIL have any Tech Support? Where? How do you contact them?

4. At this point I’d be happy to close the account if I could have access to all my old emails and contacts so that I notify people of my new address.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I've never used Outlook or Outlook Express in any form my self, so I can only offer some limited suggestions for sorting this out.

First: have you tried deleting all cookies and accessing the account? If using XP/2k -- it may even be helpful to try creating a new User Profile and logging in under that, this will ensure you have an entirely new web cache, index.dat and cookie folder.

Try accessing the account from another computer and see if you get in that way.

3. SBurrage

SBurrage Thread Starter

I was able to access the account from another computer and afterwards outlook express could access the account from my old computer as well... Something screwy was going on- but at least for now it works again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/353661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice