I cant access my external hard drive

agbe981

I have a 500GB external hard drive with my files but I can access them. it takes a long time to load then ask for format. the format also does not work, it says windows can not format this drive. when the disk is connected I can't also access disk management

managed

Allan
What make and model is the external drive please.
Does it show signs of life, like a light coming on or flashing, or can you hear anything when you put youe ear near it ?

agbe981

What make and model is the external drive please.
Does it show signs of life, like a light coming on or flashing, or can you hear anything when you put youe ear near it ?
its a Transcend but not sure what the hard in the case is, yes the light blinks and there is no noise when i put my ear to it

managed

Allan
Is there any sort of model name or number on the case ?

You might be able to open the case and remove the actual hard drive and connect that directly if it's a Desktop computer.

Can you see the external drive in the Bios ?

Please run this on the computer and paste the blue text it creates into your reply :- https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts