I cant access my icloud

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaisyNinja

I have a phone set up with a different apple id to the one I usually use. It was supposed to be a temporary phone but now I have all my photos on it and cant back them up to icloud. I recently bought a new laptop and tried to back up all my photos onto that usinf itunes but there is only 120 GB and I need 125 GB free to back up my phone so it kept saying tehre wasnt enough storage space on my laptop. I cant remember my icloud id for this phone and when I try to change it, it wont let me without entering it in first. I really want to back up my photos on my phone but am unsure how I can do this. The icloud is at capacity and I cant access it to upgrade. I have spare space on my icloud storage plan that I normally use but Im worried if I sign out of my apple id I will lose all the photos that arent backed up. what do you recommend? Is there a way to add more storage to my laptop or do I need to buy a new one? How do I access my icloud without knowing the password to back all my photos up on my phone?

texasbullet

Ramon
You can buy an external HDD at least 500 GB to store your pictures and other documents in there and still have plenty of space available just in case.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Usually you can access photos by connecting the iPhone to the pc via cable & opening it via Computer as you would a normal drive.

DaisyNinja

You can buy an external HDD at least 500 GB to store your pictures and other documents in there and still have plenty of space available just in case.
Thankyou for your help. Do you have any recommendations? I have a ASUS vivobook laptop

DaisyNinja

Thankyou for your help. Do you have any recommendations? I have a ASUS vivobook laptop
And will my photos transfer to the HDD instead of the laptop storage. It wont let me transfer any photos to the laptop as the phone storage exceeds the laptop storage so Im just wondering if it will still let me transfer if I have to transfer to the laptop first?

texasbullet

Ramon
And will my photos transfer to the HDD instead of the laptop storage. It wont let me transfer any photos to the laptop as the phone storage exceeds the laptop storage so Im just wondering if it will still let me transfer if I have to transfer to the laptop first?
You can transfer all your photos from your laptop into the external drive. Once completed you can delete them from your computer so you can have more space on your c drive. Once all done just disconnect your external drive and connect it again when needed.

TerryNet

Terry
EDIT: forget this; just see my next post.

but there is only 120 GB and I need 125 GB free to back up my phone
You only have 120 GB or you only have 120 GB free? If the latter, and you cannot copy photos from the phone directly to an external hard drive, can you free up another 5 GB by temporarily copying some of your data to the external drive?

Last edited:

TerryNet

Terry
And will my photos transfer to the HDD instead of the laptop storage.
Your choice. As Virginia said in post # 3 you can access the photos on the iPhone as you would photos on any drive. You can then copy (I do not advocate move) them to your choice of destination.

DaisyNinja

EDIT: forget this; just see my next post.

You only have 120 GB or you only have 120 GB free? If the latter, and you cannot copy photos from the phone directly to an external hard drive, can you free up another 5 GB by temporarily copying some of your data to the external drive?
I just have a total storage of 120 GB on my laptop and when I try to copy photos either via itunes or directly by plugging my phone in, it wont copy because my phone has 125 GB of storage. Does it stop me copying from a device where the storage is greater than the total availability of my laptop? Is that amount of storage unusually small? It wasnt a cheap laptop but I didnt really have any idea on storage

texasbullet

Ramon
You need to leave at least 10 percent free of your HDD so your computer can work well without any issues. If you fill it up you will be having plenty of problems such as freezings or slow responding.

TerryNet

Terry
You probably have an SSD (for faster speed and lighter weight) instead of a hard drive. Anyhow, it doesn't matter. Get an external drive as Ramon advised and use that for much of your data and for backups.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online