1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cant belive this!!! vista chipset v.s XP Chipset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PrivatePC, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

Ok i went to cercuit city to get my computer for Chrismas. I asked for a good gaming computer. The computer cost over $600 plus monitor, printer, keyboard ext. It is windows vista and i thought it would be a greate computer for games. Well, not really. The computer has an Express chipset family graphics. I install Jointoperations and it wont run, you guesed it. The video card did not complete the game test. Most of my games i had dident work too well, except for my Steam games like Half-Life, Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike ext. NOW LISTEN TO THIS YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dads computer broke so we went to walmart and got a cheap one without the monitor just the mouse and keyboard, and computer. It cost over $200!!!!! i new that computer sucked. But i was wrong. I installed Steam games and they run greate. My starcraft game runs excelent. I wanted to see if Joinoperations would work on his computer. So i Install it and it passed the game test. It runed fine. The video card on this computer is a NvidIA Geforce chipset. NOW WHAT IS UP WITH THAT! Every thing on my dads computer is excelent except the CPU speed wich is still ok.

What do u think of this?? Please reply.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like you listened to a salesman instead of researching it yourself. All he wants is the sale.

But Vista does run games. You may need to tweak it and reduce services to run them better. And try compatibility mode to run them under XP SP2 in Vista if you still have problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice