I can't boot from any DVD/CD!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noobzio

I press "Enter" when it requires,i get the "Setup is calculating your hardware configuration" or something like that,then a blue screen with no message appears...what should I do?

Howdy,

What discs have you tried and what has happened that you need to boot from a disc?

noobzio

I tried using a Windows XP cd,a Windows 98 SE cd,and a Last XP(Modified Windows) DVD

noobzio

I get to the blue screen part but nothing happens...it just stays like that...no loading,no error,no nothing :(

Understood....

but you haven't said what is the problem that you need to boot from a disc?

How old is the PC and is it the same Hard drive?

noobzio

the computer is like 5 yrs old,and all the parts are original...i want to boot from a cd because i want to try a nlite Windows XP installation that i've made...

How long have you waited with the blue screen up as sometimes it can take awhile?

Is the Windows XP CD the original one?

Have you tried the discs on another PC as a test.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts