1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cant break my nic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jefftechstdnt, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefftechstdnt

Jefftechstdnt Thread Starter

I am trying to install a broken nic into a computer for a test and in the test, we are supposed to test the nics with a loopback address but even after hitting the nic with a hammer and paper taping the pins the loopback is still coming back as successful. HELP. The test is tomorrow and properly using the loopback is a crucial part of it.

2. Lanctus

Lanctus

Is this machine a desktop? Are you using 127 as the loopback address? A loopback address is not hardware dependent (NIC), unless your test calls for it. Do you have Wifi enabled on the NIC?

3. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello Jefftechstdnt! Glad you dropped by the forum.

Unfortunately we do not assist with homework/test assignments. This post is closed. If you have any questions/comments, please contact a moderator/admin privately.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice