1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't Change my Monitor Pixels

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JohniYvetta, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohniYvetta

JohniYvetta Thread Starter

I have Verizon DSL and have 2 computers online through a router. I use Windows 98 SE. I had to totally clean one of the computers hard drives and start over. My problem is that I can't download the DSL software because it requires my monitor resolution to be 850 pixels or more. I go into the monitor settings and the computer will not let me slide the bar over. I tried searching for a better driver and I went online and downloaded the driver for my monitor and the computer will not recognize it. My question is... how do I get the cleaned computer to let me change the pixel resolution from 650 pixels to 850 pixels? Oh yea, I hooked up a different monitor and the same thing is happening with it so I believe the problem is with the Windows 98 SE program. Please help, I need both computers online.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to install the correct driver for the video card then you will be able to change the resolution and color depth.

If you have a brand name system or you known what video card you have then you can go to manufacturer's website and download the latest driver. If you happen to have the CD you can also use that to install the original driver.

If you do not know what video card you have then you can downlaod Everest and use it to identify the card: http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

In Everest go to Devices, then Physical Devices, and find the video/display/graphics adaptor/card/device in the device list.

3. JohniYvetta

JohniYvetta Thread Starter

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me advise. I found my vidio card software and it worked just like you said. Thank you again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice