I can't connect to server using Putty

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

emil9216

I am trying to connect to one of my sites, which is on shared hosting, using Putty, but i am receiving this error: Network Error:Connection Refused. If i try to connect through ftp connection i am able to connect, but with Putty i can't.
What could be the reason for this?

Sometimes the SSH port is moved to another for security purposes. Have you successfully connected with Putty before? If not, then ask the hosting provider..

emil9216

Is there any general way to test which of my ports are opened and which closed? Maybe some commands that i can run in command prompt? I have Windows 7 and i am also connected to internet through wireless router.

To test for open ports on a server from the outside you can use nmap, from here: http://nmap.org/

To look for listening ports on a machine while you are on it, you can use netstat command.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online