I can't create a short cut to my desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robert 1945

I folks I bought the manual Master Windows XP master Visually
to find out why all of a sudden I can't click on a web page and relocate it to my desk top.

It will go into my documents " but " when I click on this item in the document file, it shows a flash light looking in the file and can't be found?

This just started this past week ?

Not exactly sure if this is what you need but simply do this
IE is open (if IE7 you need right click on top bar and put a check next to "menu bar") click "file" select "save as"
Then you can save the complete page or just the html.

If you have IE6 it still works the same, just click on "file" and go from there, (top left of IE)

robert 1945

I can click in the page and save to desk top
Next I find this page listed or something from say e bay in the documents. again!
I click on this and it says create a shortcut, I do and I will have an icon short cut on the screens desk top now I click on this short cut and expect it to open the web page saved. It won't work, I get the small window that comes up with a flash light? Looking for the web page?
robert

robert 1945

Schusterjo
Thanks, it's great to know someone is ready to assist when one is in trouble.
robert

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online