I can't decide

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jackiefrost9

Im stuck on 3 graphics cards. I'm not going over 200 bucks (not including shipping). So I have a few questions.

1. I heard GDDR3 memory is unstable?
2. Is it important that the card has open GL 2.0?
3. Is it important that the card has the shader model 3 of direct x?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-430&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-170-054&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-078&depa=1

The ATI X700 pro is what Im leaning toward, but I have an intel chipset and processor, will I have compatability issues? I've heard multiple people say that ATI goes with AMD and Nvidea goes with Intel.

Thank you for your input.

Im not sure bout that AMD goes best with ATI and otherway around, but i may be wrong.

Like ive said before, id read alot of horror stories of XFX cards and their support, more then any other at least.

Triple6

Rob
A 6600GT would be avery good choice as it solidly stands up and sometimes outperforms the Radeon 9800 which the others can't do. But make sure its not an XFX card, they're not the most reliable.

As for chipsets, it really doesn't matter as long as you have the latest Chipset/AGP drivers installed.

Yeah, a 6600 gt would be nice, but keep away from XFX. They aren't well built and have crappy support.

Some people say they are great but........?? If you get the XFX, buy neweggs warranty. You won't be sorry.

Jackiefrost9

Alright I'll stay away from XFX, lol you convinced me. Lets see if I can find another 6600gt for a good price.

Oh crap, this talk about XFX being bad is getting to me, It was all I could find with an AGP connection on Tigerdirect, now I'm just plain worried... Hope it works well >.<

Im from canada, they don't ship to canada. and anyway I've already ordered and they've been shipped

Jackiefrost9

lol yea unless the card gets fried or something... not much we can do about that

Jackiefrost9

What about the rumor I heard that GDDR3 is unstable?
Did the guy just not know what he was talking about?

Triple6

Rob
Well considering its widespread use on high-end cards I don't thinks thats really true.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online