1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I Cant Delete Quick Time From My Computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Melissadoba, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Melissadoba

Melissadoba Thread Starter

I was stupid enough to delete my ITunes :eek: Ive done this before but Ive always been able to re-download everything without problems, not this time though. When I try to install ITunes it comes back with an error during the installation process saying:

The older version of QuickTime cannot be removed.
    Plese contact your technical support group.

Then:
    The installation of QuickTime did not complete successfully.
    iTunes requires QuickTime.

The version of QuickTime that I have is QuickTime 7.0.4. I downloaded the standalone version of Quicktime 7.1 but during that installation procedure it comes up with something like 'Cannot find QuickTime.msi'. I guess this is the uninstaller for version 7.0.4? When I try to uninstall QuickTime 7.0.4 (7.1 didn't make it onto my computer) it partially loads the uninstallation then the floppy drive (I think) makes a click and the uninstallation quits. I have tried to manually uninstall QT 7.0.4 by searching for 'quicktime' and deleteing everything and deleting all the QuickTime related registry keys. I've still got the same problem. I think that the QuickTime uninstaller is still buried deep into my computer. It's been months of trying to figure out how to delete Quick Time. :mad: please help me!!

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Simplest thing would be to go "Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore" and choose a time before you did this. Then if you need to download the newest ITunes install which will install Quicktime correct version anyway if it does not see it onboard.

4. Melissadoba

Melissadoba Thread Starter

Thank you for helping me, but something else has happened: I downloaded i Tunes again,worked fine but now when I want to access it and start getting music i tunes doesn't even show up! It shows on my desktop so i click on it and nothing happens, shoes in my programs list click on it and again nothing happens. Please help me, I'm going crazy trying to get this thing to work. You helped me last time I hope you can do it again for me.

5. CHAPLINDJ

CHAPLINDJ

Can anybody help me please. I've tried and tried to uninstall Quicktime as I want to re-install i Tunes.

I keep getting a message that says that I have a later version of Quick Time on my machine.

Its driving me crazy and Apple Support don't seem to know the solution.

Dave

:mad:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice