I can't Delete Second user accounts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

L_yndon

I am running on windows XP. and originally had 5 user accounts. i deleted two of them a year ago and now the time has come to delete 2 more and be left with one.

Problem: I tried Deleting Both of the user accounts and each time i click delete account the program freezes and fails to respond (resulting in me pressing ctrl+alt+delete and none of the accounts getting removed) i have tried the option of keeping the files on the user accounts and not keeping them as hope of avoiding the problem (i dont need any files on the accounts) I have also been trying to delete them via. teh control pannel-user accounts-edit account-delete accoutn methood for the past few months.

Is there any other way to delete these users? or is there some way to avoid the program failing to respond?

Thanks in advance for your help :D --L_yndon

DFC

Have you tried booting in safe mode and login as admin and delete the account that way?

L_yndon

yup, i restarted in safe mode tried deleing the accounts in both Admin and non Admin accounts but still the problem persisted and the program failed to respond after i clicked "delete"

Any other ideas on how i can solve my problem and delete the accounts preferably without reinstalling windows?

I had exactly the same problem. Try Start|Run then enter 'control userpasswords2'. This opens up an advanced user accounts control panel. You ought to be able to delete the accounts from there. Once you have done that, use Windows Explorer to delete the [username] folders and files from (probably) C:\Documents and Settings\[username].

I can't claim any great technical insight, as I found this from a 2-year-old post on a USENET group. But it worked for me!

Ted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online