1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't edit mp3 files anymore in Properties

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Serge2012, Nov 4, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi,

I've just noticed recently that I can't edit and modify the information of mp3 music files in my discography files in my laptop. Before I was able to add or edit names and changed some information but now I can click on "album, artist" in the detail sections of Properties but I'm not able to access anything...

Thanks for your help.

Serge

2. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi,

For a few days now I can't edit anymore the mp3 details of my music library on my laptop. I go to properties, details and tried to edit "artist, album" fields but it won't allow me. I've tried to edit the same mp3 files on my older laptop and was able to access and modify those fields. I'm afraid there could be something going on with my system registry but I have no clue how to fix that..

Thanks for your help.

Serge

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Are you copying the files to the old laptop to edit them, or accessing the files directly on the first laptop from the older laptop over the network?

And this topic should likely be moved to the OS board for whatever OS that you are using. It's likely a file permission issue or possibly the account itself. Either way, that's an OS issue.

4. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi Oddba,

Thank you for your message. I did transfer the files to my older Dell Inspiron laptop and was able to modify the information in properties. I even did it without transferring the files but accessing my portable drive with the old laptop and it worked. I don't have any other issues with my new laptop and everything works fine so I'm quite confused... Then I will move that topic to the other forum later, I wasn't sure which one to pick.

Serge

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice