I cant extend my desktop onto two monitors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Benjamink

If I connect two displays everything will work correctly until I select the option to extend my display. At that point, the entire screen flashes blue and comes back to the desktop this cycle repeats forever. My smart friends and I tried to fix this and couldn't if anybody on this forum can I will be amazed.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi Benjamink, and welcome to TSG.

I would be amazed as well if anybody here could fix the problem, considering you have not given us any details on the hardware involved. How about sharing the brands and exact model numbers for the computer and/or motherboard, any plugin video controller card, and for the two monitors? I may not have a solution, but somebody else here may come up with a fix.

Have you confirmed you have the latest video drivers installed?

Have you confirmed that your video controller supports extending the desktop for the given operating resolutions of both monitors? Please let us know the resolution and refresh rate selected for each monitor.

Are we safe to assume that mirroring the desktop is not a problem and only attempting to extend the desktop triggers the problem?

Benjamink

Thanks, So the refresh rates on the two monitors are 59 Hz and 60 Hz I have gone ahead and installed the latest drivers. the Desktop Resolution is 1920x1080 for both.
As far as my laptop I'm not so sure. Could you help me find the info I need?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you trying to do this with 2 monitors connected to a laptop ?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As far as my laptop I'm not so sure. Could you help me find the info I need?
Not without knowing the brand and complete model number of your laptop.

Are you connecting directly to the laptop or through the manufacturer's docking station?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As for identifying your laptop, look for a factory label on the bottom of the laptop. If there is no obvious label attached, power down the laptop and disconnected the charger. Then temporarily remove the battery and see if there is a label in the battery compartment. The battery is typically held in place with one or two spring loaded clips.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts