1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't find any games on left 4 dead with thousands of people on

Discussion in 'Games' started by turbow5, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

I used to but started last Saturday I can't find any. No matter what prefrences I can't find any games on campaign, versus, or survival. However if I do quick match it finds one for me. Never in the type of game I want though.

This has me stumped. Any ideas?

2. gurutech

gurutech

You may need to add a firewall exception to your firewall to allow the game to access the internet. I had to do this when I first installed the game.

3. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

It is.

4. DerekC

DerekC

I had a similar problem a year or so ago, the resolution for me was to go into steam, right click the game, Properties. I forgot which tab it was on, but there was something along the lines of "Verify game integrity". I had a corrupt or missing file that it replaced. Afterwards, I was able to view the open games again.

5. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

Yeah, I know what you're talking about and I was missing 1 file. Still no games. lol

6. justcansin

justcansin

me too, lol. I know what you're talking about and I was missing 1 file. Still no games.thank you[​IMG]

7. Robsy128

Robsy128

Did anything change on your computer when you started experiencing the problem? I.e. an update to something.

8. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

Not at all. The creator of the game replied to my message and they say several people are having this problem. They had a link to a forum and there was no solution on the page.

9. Robsy128

Robsy128

It could be a problem on their end... many people are having it. Perhaps you could keep an eye on the forum thread? It seems like a lot of people are having this problem, so it should be resolved soon. In the meantime, you can always find games via quick match :)

10. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

I don't understand that. I've been hearing other people are having this problem but I do not see any threads on it but my own. Also if it is on there end, then why can't I find a game while others can? I'm just getting friends to find games for me =p

11. Robsy128

Robsy128

I thought you said that there was a link to a forum? I assumed you could keep an eye on that to check for details on solutions, if and when they arise :)

Are you sure there weren't any updates done to your PC before you had this problem? Is it just Left4Dead you're having the issue with? I would suggest going back to a restore point before you encountered the problem, but that's the very last option to be honest. That is, if it's a problem with your PC.

12. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

Valve sent me a message With the forums link, but I was the only post about this problem. A new router should come in the mail in a day or two, I'll just see if it does anything.

13. Robsy128

Robsy128

Let us know if it does :)
    It definitely sounds like something is blocking it, i.e. a port is not open or a firewall is not letting the connection through.

14. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

New router, put it in bridge mode. I can connect to anything with nothing saying I've been disconnected, but the problem still exist. Just this one game and it continues to say no games found.

15. Robsy128

Robsy128

Well we can deduce that it's not the router, then :p

I'm guessing that a certain port isn't open or that something is blocking it, like Windows Firewall/Norton's/whatever firewall software you think you might have on your PC. It sounds like something changed on the Saturday and I would guess that it was a bit of software.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice