1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cant find the drivers for my linksys wireless router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tommoody21, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tommoody21

tommoody21 Thread Starter

Okay, I have a Linksys wireless router model # befw11s4. I dont have the cd rom for it. I also have a wpc11 version 4 wireless-b notebook adapter. I dont have the cd rom for it either. I went to the linksys website, and they wanted me to pay $30 for the drivers. So I looked at the forums, and someone posted on there to just type in the ip address of 192.168.1.1 in the browser, and you can set it up through there. Well I tried that, but it keeps saying oops, page not found. I dont know what else to do. The last time I needed drivers I got them straight from linksys.com. Can anyone please help me out? Do I need to reset my computers ip address or the routers? How do I do that? Thanks.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  3. tommoody21

Thanks, it says oops, this page is having issues. Idk what to do.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Are you trying to do this wirelessly or are you connected to the router by ethernet cable? You need to do it connected by ethernet

5. tommoody21

I have the cable modem conected to the router, and the router connected to the desktop.

6. Hughv

Hughv

Linksys never charges for drivers, so something went wrong there.
    Have you connected the modem to the WAN/Internet Port of the router?
    Is the ethernet port on the desktop showing a light?

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Try disconnecting the lan port cables then pressing the reset button and holding it for about 30seconds. then reconnect one of the lan port cables. Open your browser it should automatically open up the set up page. leave the user name blank and enter admin in the password box.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice