1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't fix the 0x000000D1 iaStor.sys problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nekodomo, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nekodomo

Nekodomo Thread Starter

YES, I've searched the Web for a solution and they gave very great links:
    Stop Error in IASTOR.SYS
    Windows XP blue screen error, stop code 0x000000D1

They kept on posting that the fix is to download a file (R130119.EXE) and running it while the SATA is set to ATA. To install an update or driver something then it will fix the problem, set it back to AHCI, then voila.

Didn't work.

Well, I managed to run the R130119.EXE file (thru command prompt) and extracted it to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R130119. But when I tried to run the Setup.exe, it says "This operating system is not supported. Setup will exit."

I'm not sure if I've set the SATA to ATA correctly. When I went to BIOS' setup, the SATA was set to RAID by default. The other option was to set it to AHCI. That was all. Either RAID or AHCI. I tried both, but the file still won't open.

What now?

By the way, I have the Alienware Aurora and Windows 7.

PLEASE HELP.

2. Nekodomo

Nekodomo Thread Starter

By the way, running it in Safe Mode doesn't work. I got the blue screen of death that way too.

3. Nekodomo

Nekodomo Thread Starter

Not sure if it'll help. Here's a photo.

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice