1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't get my belkin n600db to detect my belkin f5d9231(access point mode).

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jxsilicon9, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Thread Starter

Okay I assigned the access point a static IP 192.168.2.50 within the router IP range. My computer wireless card is detecting the access point but I can't get the belkin n600db to detect the access point.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I see nothing in this manual to suggest that the Belkin n600db has a Wireless Bridge (or AP Client) mode.

3. jxsilicon9

Belkin n600db is working as the wireless router.The belkin f5d9231-4 is in access point mode.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Then what is the problem?

5. jxsilicon9

The access point isn't connecting to the router I even went under my dhcp client ip address list in the administration settings under the Belkin n600db and its not showing up.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You said, I think, in your initial post that you had assigned a static IP address to the access point; devices with a static IP address will not show up in a Dhcp Client list.

Connect a computer to the router and try to ping the access point (192.168.2.50 according to your earlier post).

7. jxsilicon9

Okay my router is connected to my computers wireless card. Should I turn dhcp on for the access point?

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know if you can or not. I prefer to use static IPs for access points, printers, cameras, and the like so that I can "find" them easily.

9. jxsilicon9

So I should assign a static IP to my access point and then manually enter the access point settings into the ps3?

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    That would be my choice.

Just scan for the access point's SSID and connect. The PS3 will be assigned an IP configuration by the router. If you assign a static IP configuration to the PS3 you do it the same way as if it were connected directly to the router.

11. jxsilicon9

Well its seems the router can't connect to the router wirelessly. I called Belkin and they said it has to be wired. Can I use ddwrt or some open source to get those features on the f5d9231?

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    True. But you have been talking about using it in access point mode.

13. jxsilicon9

It seems it can't do it in access mode either.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice