1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't get my CD burner to work!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sophie1510, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sophie1510

sophie1510 Thread Starter

Well Im about at my wits end. Nearly nothing works properly on my godforsaken Dell, but now that the CD burner wont work, Iam truely pissed off. It only "pretends" burn songs. After it "burns" the disk, there is nothing on it. Completely blank!!! Sometimes it doesn't even "burn" all the way through. Just pretends to do one or two songs. Eh bien. I don't know what to do, Ive downloaded a different buring program, but it does the same thing. I don't know what settings to change in the control panel, Im scared to change them. I think that's how it got messed up in the first place. If anyone would care to help me Id really really really appriciate it.

Thanks.

(y) (This would be a middle finger, pointed directly at my computer, but for lack of better emoticon, it is a thumbs up. Cheers!)

2. mobo

mobo

Are there any red x's or exclamation points in device manager ? Does the burning software read a blank cd when you insert it ? What operating system are you using ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/155456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice