1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't get my resolution less than 640x480

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Zeferino, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zeferino

Zeferino Thread Starter

I installed some new drivers for my SiS 530 onboard video card in my campaq presario 5184 with 188mb RAM and a Pentium II 300. Does anyone know what settings the new drivers changed so that i can't make my resolution smaller? i want to get to 400x300 if i can so that my game runs smoothly. thank you in advance.

2. cjreed64

cjreed64

I am pretty sure the lowest resolution possible is 640x480. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen a computer running at a lower resolution. Hope this helps!

-Chris

3. brianF

brianF

cj is correct as far as I know. to get the lower resoloution you would have to use the in game options to tell it to use that setting

4. MHSCodeMaster

MHSCodeMaster

I agree totally. However, some games have a lower resolution in their settings.

5. Zeferino

Zeferino Thread Starter

ok, but i could get it in the game before... now i can't. you know what might be causing that?

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Zef check on display properties for the refresh rate... make it default or optimize

7. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    If you can't resolve this, you can load <a href=http://hem.spray.se/doxx/> this </a>freeware program that allows you to set custom screen sizing settings.

BTW, be careful not to set the refresh rate above the specs of your video card and monitor.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice