I can't get my resolution less than 640x480

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zeferino

I installed some new drivers for my SiS 530 onboard video card in my campaq presario 5184 with 188mb RAM and a Pentium II 300. Does anyone know what settings the new drivers changed so that i can't make my resolution smaller? i want to get to 400x300 if i can so that my game runs smoothly. thank you in advance.

I am pretty sure the lowest resolution possible is 640x480. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen a computer running at a lower resolution. Hope this helps!

-Chris

cj is correct as far as I know. to get the lower resoloution you would have to use the in game options to tell it to use that setting

Zeferino

ok, but i could get it in the game before... now i can't. you know what might be causing that?

Zef check on display properties for the refresh rate... make it default or optimize

Bryan

Bryan
If you can't resolve this, you can load <a href=http://hem.spray.se/doxx/> this </a>freeware program that allows you to set custom screen sizing settings.

BTW, be careful not to set the refresh rate above the specs of your video card and monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online