I Can't Get On The Net

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DSRTDWLR2

I Have A Compaq Laptop Which Doesn't Recognize The Phone Line When I Plug It In. I Have Aol Which Works Great On My Desktop But The Laptop Says It Needs A Driver. I Have Windows Xp. Can Anyone Advise Me? Thanks

DSRTDWLR2

DSRTDWLR2 said:
I Have A Compaq Laptop Which Doesn't Recognize The Phone Line When I Plug It In. I Have Aol Which Works Great On My Desktop But The Laptop Says It Needs A Driver. I Have Windows Xp. Can Anyone Advise Me? Thanks

Triple6

Rob
Whats the exact error you get?

To check if the modem is functioning go to Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager - Expand Modems - Double Click the modem(should only be one listed) - here you can see the modem settings, status, and do a Diagnostics (Query Modem). If the modem driver needs to be reinstalled you can do that by downloading the latest driver from Compaq's website and installing it. AOL should also be able to help you over the phone setting up their browser/software/connection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online