"I Can't Hear""

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PsychoDad

I recently upgraded my computer from Windows 98 to XP Pro after adding a new hard drive and additional memory. Since I did, I have not been able to get the sound to work. My sound card is good, and so are my speakers, I'm sure it's a software/setting problem, but I don't know where to go from here. Can anyone help?

Bryan

Bryan
You most likely just need to get the sound card drivers from the makers website for Windows XP. Do you know what make and model number sound card you have?

PsychoDad

I've got the Aureal Vortex sound card, and I've already downloaded their driver, however the driver only specified Windows 95 & 98 and the person I got the sound card from said XP had it's own drivers and I shouldn't need to download any additional driver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online