I can't hook up digital camera

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

melissa75

Hi,I'm Melissa.I bought a Kodak EZ200 digital camera.My computer,a Everex Explora,doesn't have a USB port on the front or back of the modem.I called Everex,they said I needed a connector cable.They sent it but it doesn't fit either.Would you have any idea of what cable I would need and where to get it?I use windows98,there are two empty places on the back of my modem,just the cable they sent doesn't fit into either of them.Thanks,Melissa
PS-I don't know if you'll need these but here they are:TQA92620102 and RMA#GO2001-014

The USB ports are not on the Modem but usually on the motherboard or as you mentioned up front. They are small rectangular ports about 1/2" x 1/8" and look like small black(usually) holes. A description of the cable they sent you would help in identifing it, but from what i found on the Kodak web site, it appears that it will only connect via USB

melissa75

Yes,it will only hook up to a USB port,but my computer doesn't have one.The Everex people tell me that it will work I just need a special cable.The one they sent me has two usb plug-ins on one end and a small (about 1 in. wide X 1/4 in. thick) black connector with two rows of 5 small holes one on top of the other on the other end.This end is what is supposed to be plugged into the back of my computer,I suspect.But the only available places on the back of my PC are larger ones,there are two of them.There is a bigger one below where I plug in my mouse and a smaller one next to where my speakers plug in.Do you know if there is a cable I can buy that will fit into one of these and have a USB port on the other end?Thanks,Melissa

Max19

Account Disabled
It sounds like they sent you a serial-to-USB cable. This is only going to work if the camera supports that type of connection, and it's very likely that it won't. You can't add a USB port to a computer with a cable. You would need to purchase a card that installs into a slot on the motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online