1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't install drivers for radeon hd 2400. help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deadsteam, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deadsteam

Deadsteam Thread Starter

Hello everyone,
    So I'm trying to install a hd2400 pci on my Dimension 1100/B110 running xp home. I have the installation down fine, but I cannot get any of the ati drivers to install, or get any video to come out of my hd2400.
    I have integrated video and I have tried uninstalling the drivers in add/remove programs, and disabling the intel extreme graphics in my Device manager. Everytime I try to install the ati drivers it tells me I don't have hardware or operating system supported by the drivers. I have tried multiple different driver versions, I have uninstalled all ati software before install. I have tried disabling the onboard video in bios, the only option it gives me there is auto or onboard.
    The radeon hd 2400 is detecting in my device manager as other devices. video controller "vga". I have tried enabling it there. all with the same results..
    Oh, I updated .net framework to 3.5 sp1 also.

I'm totally out of ideas...

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Are you talking about a PCI card or PCI express? Not certain so it's hard to determine what the problem is. Let us know...Jazz

3. Deadsteam

Deadsteam Thread Starter

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

Can you be more specific in the description of your computer and monitor? Jazz
    Things like age, your motherboard and so on. If you need assistance with it download the PC Wizard and install it and tell us what you have. Program is free and it would help a lot. Jazz

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

5. Deadsteam

Deadsteam Thread Starter

6. jazz3000

jazz3000

Have you been here and tried these? I'm probably missing where you said what the OS is but trying my best for you. Jazz

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice