1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i cant install intel vga driver

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by H-2-0, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

hi! can someone help me, my graphic card broke down, and i still have a month before i can buy a new 6970. but for now im just going to use the onboard graphics, problem is everytime i install the intel graphic media accelerator about halfway of the installation it always prompts that i need to have administration rights in order to install, i am the administrator, i just dont get it. i tried everything even the "run as" but still with no avail. can someone tell me what to do?

my system specs is this:
    motherboard: gigabyte g31m es2c
    Processor: core2duo OC to 3.4ghz
    PSU: corsair hx520w
    RAM: 2gb
    HDD: 2x 500gb sata
    VC: onboard graphics

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What driver is it using now?

Try using the online updater (right-click in Device Manager).

Where did you find the driver that you are trying to install?

3. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

i dont have any installed driver on the onboard gpu, i think this is like VGA mode, i downloaded the driver from the intel site

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like you don't have the chipset driver installed. If not, it defaults to the VGA and the card is not recognized as to brand and model. If the card's name does not appear in Device Manager, try installing the Intel Inf utility for your board.

5. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

i tried installing intel inf utility, it detects that im missing intel g31/g33 express chipset family but when i try to install via device manager it says access is denied, when i try to install using the installer of intel im still prompt with "need administrator rights" even thou i am.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

What does this mean?

"that im missing intel g31/g33 express chipset family"

Missing what? What chipset do you have?

Does the onboard graphic appear in Device Manager?

What kind of computer is this? Is it a work machine, or does it belong to a domain?

Are there other accounts on the machine? How do you know that you are an administrator?

7. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

its the pop up that appears on the systray if windows detect a new hardware. the one that appears on device manager is" video controller (VGA) compatible" theres a yellow exclamation mark on it. this is a desktop machine. im the only one who uses my pc. my account has administrator rights. i even tried going to safe mode and logging the "administrator" but still no avail

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice