1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't install the Sims 2 !!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ChasingCars624, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ChasingCars624

ChasingCars624 Thread Starter

I bought the Sims 2 (Special DVD Edition) when it first came out and brought it home, excited to play. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered it didn't work! :(
    I have a Windows XP, and I've heard that Sims2 just doesn't run on it, but the problem I am having is that my computer doesn't recognize the disc. The autorun won't start, and I tried running it the long way, but it says that there is no disc in the drive.
    I feel like I've tried everything, but there must be something I'm missing. I'm really new to all of this computer hokey pokey and don't understand most of the things that are posted, so I'm having no luck finding help. Has anyone had a similar problem to mine? Any piece of info would be really appreciated, because I'm just stumped!

Thanks a bunch.

2. Warlord Jimmy

Warlord Jimmy

Make sure you have a DVD drive.

3. ChasingCars624

Well, I looked and I don't think I do. I got a flashlight and looked at the drive where I put the disk in and it just says "compact disc rewritable".
    There aren't any other places to put a disc though. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks alot for your help.

4. Warlord Jimmy

Warlord Jimmy

Im afraid you are going to have to buy a DVD drive in order to play the game then.

You can get them quite cheaply (around £20)

5. ChasingCars624

Can that just be attached to my current system? Or would I have to buy a whole new computer with that aloready installed?

6. Warlord Jimmy

Warlord Jimmy

I think you can just take your CD drive out and put the DVD player in its place. Im not an expert on how to do that though.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice