1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't load just one website..Help Please!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by simber, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. simber

simber Thread Starter

I can load every website but for some reason, I cannot load Facebook anymore. I have a desktop, 2 laptops and and Iphone running Windows 7 and XP. All was fine until a few days ago when my kids wanted to use my Dell netbook to play a game and the internet would not load. I turned everything off, unplugged the modem cable for a few minutes then plugged it back in and restarted everything but I can't get to Facebook on any device. The netbook still will not let me on and in network settings, it says in status, diabled, firewalled. I called my IP and they walked me through Pinging Facebook and I get packets sent and received by pinging the number(for FB, sorry, not sure what you call it, maybe a IP address?) for FB but not by pinging facebook.com. They said it was with my computers but I find it weird that all devices (minus the netbook which I can't get on the internet at all)have the same problem with FB. I took my Laptop to Starbucks yesterday out of curiosity and logged onto FB with no problem. I have been told to delete my browsing history, cookies, etc in internet options but that did not work. I would really appreciate any help.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. simber

simber Thread Starter

Thanks for the links. I will look into them and let you know if it resolves my issue:)

4. simber

simber Thread Starter

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
    # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    I am going through the links and see that this is one step towards checking into the problem. Thanks

5. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,

When you call your ISP, have they tried resetting and re-configuring the router? Not just by power cycling everything. I understand, it's only one website that you can't connect to but having it happened in couple of devices sounds at the same time sounds like it's from the internet source. Got the same issue before and it worked by that procedure. Hope that helps you too. Good luck.

6. simber

simber Thread Starter

Thanks Lucky09,
    I called the ISP again and they did reset it for me and then after a few more things such as unplugging the Ethernet cable from the modem to my laptop, had me Google how to fix it which I have already done and told me to follow the Microsoft and Wikipedia results in the search so basically, they have no idea. I have followed the instructions from the links above and still no fix. I find it odd that I can get to Facebook on another wifi but not here at home. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice