1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i can't open any pictures!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by monteine, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monteine

monteine Thread Starter

for some unknown reason, i cannot open any of my pictures. not any. i have alot of you know, just photos, but the icons over the names of the pictues are like paintbrushes in cans or something. i don't know why and i didn't change anything that i am aware of. i have windows 98 and the usual photo utilities like "picture it" and photo editor. please help. i can't see any of the pictures my sister sent me of my new nephew!

2. Deke40

Deke40

Go to one of your viewers and go to File/Open/and find a picture you want to open and double click it and see if it opens. If it does go to Options in your viewer and click properties and see if their is a tab called extensions and maybe you can check the type of files to open with that viewer.

By the way you have your pictures associated with MS Paint.

You could also highlight one of your picture icons then hold down shift while you right click, then click Open With. Look for one of your viewers and click it and click OK. You might want to uncheck "Always use this program to open this type of file". If you decide that is the one you want to open your pictures with go back through this procedure and check it.

3. monteine

monteine Thread Starter

what's a viewer? duh.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

Maybe they need to be reassociated...Go to a picture and hold down the shift key while right clicking...then click open with... scroll to the program you want to use..click to high lite it...put a check in the box always use this program and click OK

EDIT: "what's a viewer? " the program you use to view the pictures

buck

5. Deke40

Deke40

Sorry about that Buck. I was editing my post to relate to that also. I guess great minds think in the same way. LOL

6. monteine

monteine Thread Starter

i did the shift thing clicked on open with and nothing happened still. i went to my picture it program and it shows all my pictures just fine. they are all saved in jpeg format. however, from my file "my pictures" or any other file like my messenger file of recieved files they won't open. maybe i need to change the icon??

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy again

what happen when you click on a picture in your "My Pictures" file

Do you get an error or just nothing

buck

8. monteine

monteine Thread Starter

my cursor acted like it was gonna open but then, nothing. you know, it showed the hourglass and then, just the arrow

9. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

When you clicked open with did you click on Picture It and then put the check in the box next to always use this program then click OK

buck

10. monteine

monteine Thread Starter

no that's what i'm saying, i clicked "open with" but nothing at all opened for me to click on. that's as far as i got...clicking on open with. after that nothing else came up for me to click on.

11. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

hmmmm...strange no open with window...

Open explorer... click tools... then folder options... then file types...scroll to JPG and click to highlite it ...what program does it say it opens with...you can change it there if need be...click edit then edit again

buck

12. monteine

monteine Thread Starter

it opens with iexplore?! is that right? if not, how do i change it?

13. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

How about jpeg...what opens it

to change ...click on it to highlite... then click edit... then edit again...then browse to your program folder and find Picture it

buck

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice