I can't open folders that have a gigabyte or more. PLEASE HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TripleH2k3

Recently I have received a problem where I can't open a folder that has a gigabyte or more space used. I have several folders that contain a little less than a gb and they open and let me do what I want without any problems. When I open a folder with a gb or more it opens and lets me see the files and then I get a Windows Explorer popup saying that Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down, I clicked the error report and this is what it says:
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: filesystemflags.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00002ddd

And when I close the Windows popup I get a Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger popup and I clicked the error report but it won't let me read the details, so I have to Ctl, Alt, Del to close the non-responsive program.

I have scanned the computer for virses and spyware and came up negative on both of those, so I don't know what is wrong or what to do to fix this. I have previously had folders with several gb's used when I was storing video to transfer to dvd and I never had this problem. Someone please tell me how I can fix this problem.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Out of curiousity, do a search for filesystemflags.dll.

When found, right mouse, properties and see if any of the info under the tabs, identifies who/what this dll belongs to.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online