1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't open the Laptop's DVD ROM

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jelmer, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jelmer

Jelmer Thread Starter

I can't eject the CD which I inserted in my Laptop.I tried to press that button,selecting eject but nothing.I can't take it out of there.(my windows is xp professional)

2. valis

valis Moderator

there should be a small hole below the dvd tray; straighten a paper clip and insert it there, that is the manual over-ride to open the tray door.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you should see a small hole on the front panel of the DVD - use a paperclip and untwist insert into the hole and that should activate the locking mechanism and the draw pop open, allowing you to remove the CD

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    snap :) happy new year

5. valis

valis Moderator

:)

beatcha. :)

6. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Quiet down guys or .................

:D

Attached Files:

7. valis

valis Moderator

am I the one with the hammer?

:D

8. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Yep.

Some trays don't have the small hole to push in a paper clip- a very light nudge with a flat tool like a butter knife, easy now hoss.... might un-stick the tray or get it to open. Try just as you push the button to open the tray.

When they get to sticking like this, it's usually time for a new drive, not always tho.

For towers, opening the case and trying to re-align the drive, after loosening a bit, might help. I've taken some apart and had the tray slide better afterward but there really isn't much you can fix in there.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice