Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't save my emails to my hard drive. Why not?

9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Hughv 
#1 ·
I can't save my emails to my hard drive. Why not?
I use XP home, Firefox browser and yahoo free email.
Is it yahoo? I asked them but I never got a response.
Is it Firefox?
When I click on emails I thought I saved, instead of opening, they try to connect to the internet, or else they open but my emails are not there.
I need to save my emails, but they're not saving.
Why not?
Sincerely perplexed,
Troy

#3 ·
There's not realloy a way to save them except to take a screen shot or sign up for POP access with OE, ThunderBird, or another email client. I have POP access with Yahoo. It appears to be free for Asians, so if you set your preferences that way, you can get free POP access, too. The tip came from the YPOPS site, and that is another possibility.

#4 ·
Taking Elvandil's hint (thanks), I went to Yahoo "account info page"; options/mail; "POP & forwarding" and got the following:

"Upgrade to Mail Plus so you can:
  • download your Yahoo! Mail in an email client, such as Outlook
  • forward your Yahoo! Mail to a different address"

So I guess Yahoo is now charging for what used to be free. I used to be able to save my emails to my hard drive and I didn't change anything. I guess yahoo changed it "for" me.

And I guess that if I go to OE or Thunderbird, then I can save my emails to my hard drive via POP---(which is Greek to me). Right?

And as to Hughv's question. I just lost all my emails---(which I couldn't record on my hard drive---at mistertroy3@yahoo.com
So Yahoo is unreliable.

And by the way, how do you type in the "Reply" box instead of this "Quick Reply" box?
It wouldn't work for me. I couldn't place my cursor to begin to type.
Sincerely,
Troy

Troy

#7 ·
Well you can use G-mail as a free email service.
With the G-mail you can configure your outlook as well as your Outlook Express and will get your all mails in your hard drive. G-mail provides free IMAP account for your outlook configuration.
Hope this will help you.

#13 ·
I signed up, but cannot even log on to Google email.
And fastmail.fm doesn't work for me either. I could send an email to myself at fastmail.fm from yahoo, but not vice-versa.
I have no idea.
Why is this so difficult?
Also it doesn't cost yahoo anything to let people save their emails to their hard drives, so why do they prevent this?
So that people will need to pay ffor it?
Troy

#14 ·
You need to approach this slowly and methodically. 6 year old kids can use Gmail, so you can also.
I don't know Yahoo's reasoning, but they have millions of dollars invested in equipment and personnel, so none of these services are free to the companies that provide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.