1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't seem to access sites sometimes

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ankit, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

usually when i try to go on some websites it just goes to that page but doesn't show pictures or anything and it says DONE!,at the bottom left hand corner of my internet explorer.

can you help me adjust my internet explorer or something so that doesn't happen:S...

and one of the websites i can't go onto is www.suprnova.org

2. Maximizer

Maximizer

I think if you have your browser settings on "high," at least w/ Internet Explorer, that that can happen. Some sites need activex and java to load up, or so it seems.

Try putting your security settings to "medium" or default (which is medium) w/ Internet Explorer.

Good luck!

3. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

It says i have the site blocked ,but I can't find the site under my Reistriced Site colume?.. Is there a way, I can reset my internet explorer web setting ,and unblock all the websites i've previous blocked?...

I don't know how that got under my blocked setting but i can't seems to unblock it :(.

Went i go to www.suprnova.org at the bottom right hand corner of my internet explorer, is this red circle with a white strip on top, which is indicating that this is a restricted site. When I double click on the circle it says that

Site Cookiehttp://jcontent.bns1.net/new/b_301900.htm Blocked

.. how do i unblock this site, so i can access it ?..

THankyou!

4. Maximizer

Maximizer

Hmm... Maybe try to put that site into your "TRUSTED SITES" and maybe that will override the block?

Also, maybe delete the cookie from w/in your TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS then SETTINGS then VIEW FILES. Then try logging on the site. Maybe it will give you a new cookie?

Also, maybe you have another program that is blocking the site?

I'd have to google around to find that answer. (I assume you've tried putting your security settings to medium [or even lower]? Note that there are different security settings for normal sites, trusted sites, restricted sites, etc.

Good Luck and sorry I'm not much help. Perhaps others while chime in...

5. Maximizer

Maximizer

Also, at least w/ IE 6 and Windows XP Service Pack 2, there the intructions for the "PRIVACY" tab in TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS says the following which direclty deals w/ cookies and blocking them, etc. [you should probably try fiddling w/ the privacy tab regardless of what operating system or version of IE you have [if you haven't already]]:

To change your privacy settings

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    On the Privacy tab, move the slider up for a higher level of privacy or down for a lower level of privacy.
    Select this To specify this
    Block all cookies Cookies from all Web sites will be blocked
    Existing cookies on your computer cannot be read by Web sites

High Cookies from all Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
    Cookies from all Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your explicit consent will be blocked

Medium High Cookies from third-party Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
    Cookies from third-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your explicit consent will be blocked
    Cookies from first-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be blocked

Medium Cookies from third-party Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
    Cookies from third-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be blocked
    Cookies from first-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be deleted from your computer when you close Internet Explorer

Low Cookies from third-party Web sites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked
    Cookies from third-party Web sites that use your personally identifiable information without your implicit consent will be deleted from your computer when you close Internet Explorer

Accept all cookies All cookies will be saved on your computer
    Existing cookies on your computer can be read by the Web sites that created them

For more information about cookies or privacy policies, click Related Topics.

Notes

A first-party Web site is a Web site that you are currently viewing. A third-party Web site is a Web site other than the one you are currently viewing. Third-party Web sites usually provide some content on the Web site you are currently viewing. For example, many sites use advertising from third-party Web sites and those third-party Web sites may use cookies.
    Some Web sites require cookies; therefore, if you select a setting that does not allow cookies to be saved on your computer, you might not be able to view certain Web sites.
    When you change your privacy settings, the changes might not affect cookies that are already on your computer. If you want to ensure that all of the cookies on your computer meet your privacy settings, you should delete all of the existing cookies on your computer. When you return to Web sites that previously had saved cookies on your computer, the Web sites that meet your privacy settings will save cookies on your computer again. The Web sites that do not meet your privacy settings will not be allowed to save cookies on your computer, and might not function properly. Some Web sites store your member name and password or other personally identifiable information about you in a cookie; therefore, if you delete all cookies, you might need to re-enter this information the next time you visit the site.
    Your privacy settings only affect Web sites in the Internet zone. For more information about zones, click Related Topics.
    You can also specify custom privacy settings for all Web sites in the Internet zone or for individual Web sites. For more information, click Related Topics.
    To import a file containing custom privacy settings, click Import. To import a file, it must be located on your computer. You can download files containing custom privacy settings from privacy organizations and other Web sites on the Internet.