1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't seem to get a GameJolt game to work correctly (please help)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AlwaysScrewed, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlwaysScrewed

AlwaysScrewed Thread Starter

To be honest, I'm not sure if this belongs here as this is an issue with an independent game. If this is the wrong area, then I kindly ask a moderator to move it to the correct area.

I am having trouble getting a GameJolt game to work properly. I got the game from the GameJolt website so I don't think it has anything to do with it being some sort of virus or anything like that.

Here is the game in question: http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/six-night-s-at-pink-pinkie/47155/

The game appears to run fine, however, when I hit "Exit," my laptop desktop screen shows up for a second before being replaced by a black screen. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing. Alt+F4 does nothing. It pretty much doesn't allow me to do anything. This forces me to forcefully shut down my laptop and restart it.

Attempt to contact the maker of the game have gone unresponded.

Here are the specs of my laptop I am trying to run the game on:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz 2.53 GHz
    RAM: 4.00GB (3.79GB usable)
    System Type: 64-bit Operating System
    Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Operating System: Windows 7

If someone on here could please give me assistance with this to make the game run correctly, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

2. AlwaysScrewed

3. joe957

joe957

Not familiar with the game at all. But I will take a stab at it. The top of the page linked reads 'GameJolt BETA'.
    Being a beta may explain the problem.

4. AlwaysScrewed

Okay. Thank you. Please reply back when you have a possible solution for me.

5. valis

valis Moderator

that was the solution, AlwaysScrewed. It's a beta app, that means it has NOT been vetted for public consumption yet.

6. AlwaysScrewed

Where does it say beta? I have asked others this same question and they keep telling me that they can play it.

I seem to be the only one unable to play it for whatever ridiculous reason.

7. AlwaysScrewed

8. valis

valis Moderator

the beta is on the splash page.

Attached Files:

9. AlwaysScrewed

Oh.

That doesn't really tell me too much though when I have asked others this same question and they have reported that they can get the game to work fine on their end.

10. valis

valis Moderator

IMO, the fact that it is a beta product AND the fact that they havent responded to your requests, those two fact would make mefind a new pasttime. Thats just me however.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice