I can't start my PC after installing Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Abie2

Yes, but that was the cause of me not able to get back in as of my OP. It was after i had set the csm to auto.
Then simply clear cmos. How to properly clear cmos;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This removes any residual charge from the pw supply
3 Open the side cover and clear cmos with the clear pins. Modern motherboards use just two pins that you short for at least 10 seconds. Old stuff uses three pins and a jumper that you move for at least 10 seconds
4 Replace side cover and pw cord. Attempt to pw ON and enter the bios. If you still cannot enter the bios, try another keyboard. Still does not work, then the motherboard has probably failed or you have some other hardware failure
I had another problem for the rest of the dAY..I LOST MY WIfI...SO I COULDNT answer the latest post. I had to replace modem and now just got online with my acer notebook, with wired connection. Before the wifi problem, i changed the battery.. I have no idea abut
2 pins. I did get finally into Bios, and tried to set up default and then i lost wiFi. have to tackle that the next day. TY

Abie2

Then simply clear cmos. How to properly clear cmos;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This removes any residual charge from the pw supply
3 Open the side cover and clear cmos with the clear pins. Modern motherboards use just two pins that you short for at least 10 seconds. Old stuff uses three pins and a jumper that you move for at least 10 seconds
4 Replace side cover and pw cord. Attempt to pw ON and enter the bios. If you still cannot enter the bios, try another keyboard. Still does not work, then the motherboard has probably failed or you have some other hardware failuret
i am able to get into Bios and setup my DVD boot of Win 7 which repair informed me to do, but after rebooting, it seems not to have any effect in booting anything. i do get repeatedly the repair messages which have no effect, seem to be in a constant loop. Each time it gives me the option to enter, win 10 or 7, I get into that repair loop. BTW, I kNOW NOTHING about checking pins on the MB. i DID exchanged the battery

crjdriver

I kNOW NOTHING about checking pins on the MB
Read your manual. Detailed instructions for clearing cmos are in your manual. If you do not have a manual, it is available online from the support page.

Abie2

Read your manual. Detailed instructions for clearing cmos are in your manual. If you do not have a manual, it is available online from the support page.
iF YOUR REFERRING about my MB manual, I coulld not find anything about pins ...Bios is in one chapter, Perhaps u can enlightent me?

Abie2

Post the exact motherboard you are running.
OK, i think i found it, but it was not in the bios chapter,it was in the hardware chapter.....I never thought looking for it there. The MB IS A88x-PRO. i STILL DON'T SEE WHAT BIOS HAS TO DO WITH MY NOT ABLE TO OPEN AT LEAST MY OS WIN 7 WHICH WAS ON A SEPERATE DRIVE AND WIN 10 WAS INSTALLED ON ANOTHER HD.

crjdriver

Stop writing in caps, it is considered very rude.
From your first post
I cannot get into bios, to undo what i did
It would seem to me you are asking about the bios and how to access said bios.

Abie2

Stop writing in caps, it is considered very rude.
From your first post
It would seem to me you are asking about the bios and how to access said bios.
i know writing in caps is rude, but its ny funky notebook acting up on its own. Its the only choice i have to be here...so don;t take it personally. at the start of this thread, i thought that
was the only cause of not being able to get windows started, but others here said that i should be able to get into windows even if bios is corrupted. now i read that if i hear just one beep at booting up, then all is A-ok, so says pc-mag. ..and that is all i get....1 beep

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online