Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't start my PC after installing Windows 10

2K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  Abie2 
#1 ·
I have 2 hd's and dual OS, win7 and now win 10, each on seperate hd's. I then connected my win 7 hd, which i had disconnected it in order to install win 10. Then i went to the Bios to try and remove my usb boot up driver, and i just could,'t find this time, so i checked the csm compatilbility module and set it at Auto. I took a stab at it thinking it would override my usb boot.,then i started the computer and nothing appeared, this was after i had reconnected my win 7 hd. I cannot get into bios, to undo what i did. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

#12 ·
I'm sorry..can u show me where i said i am able to get into my bios? the entire gist of this thread was that i must have screwed up my Bios, cause i cannot get into the bios. ...and another party suggested that i reinstall win 10....sometimes i wonder if people read the thread through...how can i reinstall win 10 with the bios screwed up and would not be able to boot from my bootable usb drive? Sorry, i appreciate the suggestions, but please read thread from the first OP

#15 ·
Then simply clear cmos. How to properly clear cmos;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This removes any residual charge from the pw supply
3 Open the side cover and clear cmos with the clear pins. Modern motherboards use just two pins that you short for at least 10 seconds. Old stuff uses three pins and a jumper that you move for at least 10 seconds
4 Replace side cover and pw cord. Attempt to pw ON and enter the bios. If you still cannot enter the bios, try another keyboard. Still does not work, then the motherboard has probably failed or you have some other hardware failure

#17 ·
Then simply clear cmos. How to properly clear cmos;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This removes any residual charge from the pw supply
3 Open the side cover and clear cmos with the clear pins. Modern motherboards use just two pins that you short for at least 10 seconds. Old stuff uses three pins and a jumper that you move for at least 10 seconds
4 Replace side cover and pw cord. Attempt to pw ON and enter the bios. If you still cannot enter the bios, try another keyboard. Still does not work, then the motherboard has probably failed or you have some other hardware failuret
i am able to get into Bios and setup my DVD boot of Win 7 which repair informed me to do, but after rebooting, it seems not to have any effect in booting anything. i do get repeatedly the repair messages which have no effect, seem to be in a constant loop. Each time it gives me the option to enter, win 10 or 7, I get into that repair loop. BTW, I kNOW NOTHING about checking pins on the MB. i DID exchanged the battery

#21 ·
OK, i think i found it, but it was not in the bios chapter,it was in the hardware chapter.....I never thought looking for it there. The MB IS A88x-PRO. i STILL DON'T SEE WHAT BIOS HAS TO DO WITH MY NOT ABLE TO OPEN AT LEAST MY OS WIN 7 WHICH WAS ON A SEPERATE DRIVE AND WIN 10 WAS INSTALLED ON ANOTHER HD.

#23 ·
Stop writing in caps, it is considered very rude.
From your first post
It would seem to me you are asking about the bios and how to access said bios.
i know writing in caps is rude, but its ny funky notebook acting up on its own. Its the only choice i have to be here...so don;t take it personally. at the start of this thread, i thought that
was the only cause of not being able to get windows started, but others here said that i should be able to get into windows even if bios is corrupted. now i read that if i hear just one beep at booting up, then all is A-ok, so says pc-mag. ..and that is all i get....1 beep

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.