Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't use Amazon or AOL.

993 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Disflex 
#1 ·
Alright, I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. My first guess is I can't enable secure transactions on my wireless network (Linksys).

When I try to buy something on Amazon the site stalls for a sec then it doesn't come up even when I refresh.

Next I try to change the password on my AIM account, that doesn't work either. Or when I try to register a AOL name it doesn't display also.

I am using Internet Explorer v6.026 and Windows XP Home Edition. Linksys 2.0 Ghz wireless router. I also have a problem direct connecting on AIM 5.0, it says I'm behind a firewall, so I go to properties on my wireless network and I go to the advanced tab and it says "Windows can not display the properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation might be corrupted." Then it says try system restore. And I don't have any restore points, so as hard as this problem might seem, please try and help me. I want my stuff to work.

I think I have to enable secure transactions or take off firewall or something else, not sure.

Thanks for your time.

Here's a URL I can't access: http://aim.aol.com/redirects/password/change_password.adp?ScreenName=rokslow&CCode=US

See less See more
#3 ·
It appears pointless to attempt to address the other points if you don't have your CD to address what would appear to be a basic underlying issue! Why don't you work on solving that problem first? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.