1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I can't use Amazon or AOL.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Disflex, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Disflex

Disflex Thread Starter

Alright, I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. My first guess is I can't enable secure transactions on my wireless network (Linksys).

When I try to buy something on Amazon the site stalls for a sec then it doesn't come up even when I refresh.

Next I try to change the password on my AIM account, that doesn't work either. Or when I try to register a AOL name it doesn't display also.

I am using Internet Explorer v6.026 and Windows XP Home Edition. Linksys 2.0 Ghz wireless router. I also have a problem direct connecting on AIM 5.0, it says I'm behind a firewall, so I go to properties on my wireless network and I go to the advanced tab and it says "Windows can not display the properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation might be corrupted." Then it says try system restore. And I don't have any restore points, so as hard as this problem might seem, please try and help me. I want my stuff to work.

I think I have to enable secure transactions or take off firewall or something else, not sure.

Thanks for your time.

Here's a URL I can't access: http://aim.aol.com/redirects/password/change_password.adp?ScreenName=rokslow&CCode=US

2. Disflex

Disflex Thread Starter

Keep in mind I can't find my windows disk to repair the corruption. And try to keep it simple for me, thanks.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It appears pointless to attempt to address the other points if you don't have your CD to address what would appear to be a basic underlying issue! Why don't you work on solving that problem first? :rolleyes:

4. Disflex

Disflex Thread Starter

It can't be solved because the disc was borrowed, and I can't get it back. But thanks for your worthless suggestion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice