1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I Can't Wake Up From The Babylon Nightmare!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by HylianKnight, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HylianKnight

HylianKnight Thread Starter

Jul 19, 2012
    I know there are tons of subjects on this already and I've read some of them but I fear my problem is beyond them.

About a week ago I had an update for a program I already have. Like always it asked me if I wanted to install some toolbar and whatnot. And like always I clicked all the "No" boxes and updated like normal thinking it would honor my request.

It didn't.

Thinking I had just missed something I went to my Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, uninstalled it and thought that was that.

It wasn't.

I get on the next morning and it's still trolling my search engines and pages. I went to the Firefox help page to find any solutions but everything I've tried has failed! I've tried the "about:config" method where I reset all the Babylon stuff (they just come back when I restart) and I tried replacing it in the "keyword" section (it didn't even notice apparently). Then I tried the registry edit and deleted everything that was associated with Babylon

I've been running Spybot daily and it only find the same three programs EVERY time (see attachment) a new program called Malwarebytes (which has only 3 days left on it) didn't change a thing. I even tried System Restore. Twice. Today I ran Spybot and MB in Safe Mode and even defragged my comp. I delete temp files and cookies regularly.

In IE I can't even delete it because the Disable and Remove buttons have been blanked out ensuring that I can't disarm it that way. (see attachment)

Now I'm stuck with this program taking over my computer by adding advertisements in dumb places like all over Youtube and even in my typed text!! (see attachments)

Please help me! I don't want to wipe out my hard drive and I can't afford to take it into a professional!

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062367